Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Homemade

I like to make things from scratch. Everything. If it can be made at home, I'll try it. S'mores are good, right?  But s'mores with homemade vanilla bean marshmallows on homemade graham crackers, made with real graham flour, are out of this world!

Vanilla extract is good, but vanilla extract made with tons of vanilla beans soaked in dark rum, or good vodka for about 5 to 6 weeks is sooo much nicer.

I have a couple of bottles up in my cupboard on a constant rotation, so I always have mature vanilla to put in my baked goods.  I found a great source on EBay for the beans, and now my pantry is stocked.

 
I like to know where my food came from.  If I make it myself, I always know the source.

1 comment:

  1. Yum- the vanilla sounds really good!!! You should sell the vanilla too?

    ReplyDelete