Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Am I a LOL?

Sometimes, requests for certain cake designs are easy, and sometimes, not so much.  One request I got was for a birthday cake for two men, and I was told they like Snoopy and Angry Birds.  Hmmm.  What are Angry Birds?  And why are they angry?  I decided not to go with a Snoopy design, because if you don't make him look juuuuuust right, the cake may end up on Cake Wrecks.  (When professionally decorated cakes go hysterically wrong)   Nobody wants that (well, I sure don't, and I check this site every week to make sure I'm not on it.  And I usually end up laughing till I cry.)  

Luckily, I have an 11 year old boy who knows all about Angry Birds. 
Perfect.  My new consultant. 
He explained who all the birds were (the red ones, the triangle yellow ones, the blue ones), he explained the slingshot, and the eggs.
I watched him play this game for a while and figured out the design for the cake.  When hubby walked in and saw him playing the iPad, our son said "I'm helping Mom right now, really!"
I thought all the birds turned out really well, although my boy did say he thought the blue bird was too big.  My friend, Amber, said that my yellow bird looked like Bert, from Sesame Street. 
 Hee, hee, Angry Bert cake.

I brought the cake to my booth at the Farmers Market for pick up, and really enjoyed showing customers.  Pretty much, the only ones I had to explain who these angry birds were to, were, um, as hospital puts on their charts - the LOL's  (Little old ladies)

No comments:

Post a Comment